Digital marketing has forever changed the way businesses function and engage with their customers. Digital marketing methods have also had a direct impact on the revenue of the business and a company’s capacity to expand.
And if you’re wondering what are the impacts of digital marketing on businesses and it’s growth, then reading this article is a good headstart for you!
But before we get started, let’s take a quick look at the meaning of digital marketing.
What Is Digital Marketing?
The process of marketing and promoting products or services to potential customers via various digital channels and the internet is known as digital marketing. The only difference between digital and traditional marketing is the media employed to deliver the marketing message.
There are various methods of digital marketing through which you can target your audiences such as SEO (Search Engine Optimization), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), Social media marketing, Email marketing, Content marketing, and many more. Learning digital marketing skills mentioned above has become very important in today’s time and will become a necessary step in the coming future.
Now without any further ado let’s jump on to see the impact of digital marketing on business and its growth.
Top 5 Factors that Show The Impact of Digital Marketing on Businesses
1. Establish An Online Presence
The time has gone when businesses used to sell their products through traditional methods. Digitalization has completely changed the way businesses used to operate 10 years back.
In today’s world, everyone is available online, all your audience is present online and if you aren’t online no one is going to find you. You must establish an online presence in order to see the impact of digital marketing on business growth.
The modern customer does not read newspapers or pamphlets, instead, they are mostly active on social media, google, and other digital platforms. You are missing out on something very important if you are not present.
Every day, the average person spends more than two hours on social media. When a consumer considers purchasing a product or service, you must be there where they will be looking.
When aiming to increase the impact of digital marketing on business growth, the first thing a firm should do is create social media profiles and be active on such platforms to stay connected with their audience.
One of the first places a person will look for a company is on social media. And it’s worth noting that you don’t have to be on every social media platform. Join just the channels where your customers will be. Examine all of the access networks and compare them to your target audience.
And one of the most important things a company must do is claim their Google Business listing. Because Google is the most popular search engine, you should take advantage of all of its features.
Your specific location will appear in a local Google search and on their maps application after you claim your Google listing. This will assist in bringing customers to your door. Your address, website address, and phone number should all be included in these listings.
Without a social media presence, a potential customer may believe your company is hiding something. Your business will also be regarded as untrustworthy.
So, nowadays it is important for your business to create an online presence and stay connected with your customers.
2. Helps To Understand Which Channel Drives Sales For Your Company
One of the best things about the impact of digital marketing on business is that you can see results almost in real-time.
If you run an ad campaign and notice an increase in sales, you can attribute it to the campaign. You may also use tools to see which channels and advertisements bring you the most visitors. All of these factors can help you decide where to place your next ad and how much to spend.
And before you begin any marketing effort, the first crucial thing you must do is identify the metrics you want to examine and track.
Once you’ve determined your goal, it’ll be much easier to produce an ad that achieves your goal. You should track how well your ad converts viewers into customers if you want to increase sales.
And if you want to drive brand awareness by getting more followers to your social media channels, observe your numbers after your campaign launches.
You can utilise various marketing platforms to track all of your metrics and analyse your ROI. There are systems designed specifically for tracking specific platforms, or you can utilise a fully integrated CRM to manage all of your digital marketing demands. Some of them are –
- Hubspot – It is a fully integrated CRM that centralises all of your data and can handle a variety of digital marketing campaigns. Their tool allows you to keep track of your SEO efforts, email drip campaigns, website traffic, and more.
- Google Analytics – It can assist you in analysing your website traffic and where it comes from. It tells you who visited your website, how much time did they spend on your website and more. And training in google analytics techniques is a bit complicated but it is the need of the hour, thus you must not skip on this tool.
- Hootsuite – It is a fantastic tool for keeping track of your social media marketing and listening efforts. It centralises data from all of your social media channels and allows you to understand which audience groups respond to your advertising. It will also assist you in scheduling your social media posts.
- Mailchimp – It is an email marketing tool that allows you to construct email campaigns. They can tell you exactly who opened your email at what time and which links they clicked in it. Their software also allows you to segment your mailing list for greater efficiency.
3. Using Social Media You Can Share Your Content With Potential Customers
Social media platforms are another option to connect with both new and existing customers. As all your target audience are active on social media, you can share your content with them according to their interests. It should also be a major component of any digital marketing strategy you develop.
Here are a few more compelling reasons why you should have a social media presence and plan.
- Allows a company to engage in interactions with customers that would not have occurred otherwise. Customers will feel like they are a part of something and that the business values them as a result of this.
- It’s excellent to be able to reply immediately to customers’ feedback and inquiries via social media.
- You can utilise your channels to keep an eye on the competition and monitor what they’re saying and doing, as well as how their message is being received by customers.
- Even if you are not tagged in their comments, you can use social listening tools to see what others are saying about your company.
So, social media can become your strongest weapon to target your audience and stay connected with them.
4. Find Customers You Would Never Encounter Without SEO
You would have come across a term called “SEO”, but are you aware of the meaning and what exactly it is?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. The goal of applying SEO tactics is to improve the position of your content in search engine results. The higher your ranking, the more likely your website and other material will be seen by potential customers.
Because 75% of Google searchers don’t go to the second page of the SERP, it’s crucial to rank your website.
Another benefit to improve your SEO is that it establishes your website’s reputation with Google. The more Google perceives your site as an authority on its chosen subject, the more it will be valued.
This also boosts your chances of being seen by more web browsers. To help with this area, work on creating quality backlinks as one of the ways to increase your authority.
Thus, learning the techniques and best practices of SEO should be your top priority. You can consider taking an SEO course online.
5. Create Content According To Your Customer & Provide Value To Them
Content marketing is an important aspect of any digital marketing plan. The words on a web page aren’t the only thing that constitutes content.
Web writing, blog posts, social blurbs and hashtags, videos, and even images are all examples of content. It is all-inclusive. You can feel comfortable that if you establish a strategy that includes these types of material for your audience, you are giving them what they want.
Videos that demonstrate how to complete a project or use a crafting tool, for example, would be quite useful to your consumer base if you own craft business.
Some of the most popular video material throughout the pandemic has been how to build a cloth face mask. Craft businesses and fabric firms that produced videos or even took images to demonstrate step-by-step instructions created a material that was valuable to their customers.
Here are ways that providing content with value to your viewers can pay off for your company
- After reading or seeing instructive information on your website, customers are 120% per cent more inclined to buy from you.
- When compared to paid lead creation, a smart content marketing approach can produce 3x more leads. It’s also 62 per cent less expensive.
- Companies discovered that after establishing a solid content strategy, the quality of the leads generated was higher than before they had a content marketing strategy in place.
The impact of digital marketing on business and its growth will only continue to grow as more and more brands go digital.
And if a business implements a strong digital marketing strategy that covers important techniques such as social media marketing, content marketing, etc. then it will have a positive impact on the brand’s bottom line.
We hope you understand the impact of digital marketing on business and you’ll effectively apply all the digital marketing strategies to improve your business. Tell us your views on this blog and leave your valuable feedback in the comments section below.