Any business needs to be properly marketed. If you don’t market it effectively then nobody is going to know you exist. Unless you have a bricks and mortar premise that is on a busy high street then you are going to struggle to get people to know who you are and what you do. Getting people to see your business takes time. It also takes effort.
With some simple ways, you can maximise your business and market it well. You may want to look at one of the following:
- Use the three big local listing services.
- Embrace social media – Start looking at how you could use social media to your advantage by running campaigns and connecting.
- Start a blog – This can be helpful if you have a lot to say or if you have a niche business that people don’t know much about. It’s good to start getting the word out in articles.
- Put up multimedia on YouTube and Flickr.
- SEO your company website – SEO is major and will be the driving force behind the traffic that your website gets. If you have poor SEO, the chances are that your website will be swallowed up by the internet.
- Press releases.
- Join a relevant online community and contribute.
Start Using Innovative Solutions
You want as many people as possible to be able to link up to your website or a specific link to help people see more about what you do. If you have an eCommerce site or have any type of retail product then you need to start looking at QR codes. They can be linked to any smartphone. They are popular and can be great for your marketing efforts. Not only this, but QR Codes are also used to track campaigns. They can really increase brand awareness and offer information relating to a product including detailed information, and this can help generate a high ROI. It’s the future of business.
Create QR code yourself and start to implement it into your business. It works via a code which can be incredibly helpful and essentially, a QR code works just the same as a barcode at the supermarket would. It is a machine-scannable image that can instantly be read and turned into a link so that it can be found straight away. It is a cool and modern concept that is highly popular among the younger generations of today. What is even more appealing is the fact that you do not need the Internet in order to access. You will be able to scan QR codes without the Internet or network in general.
If you want more people to see your business, you could look at email marketing, leaflet distribution and of course events. Conferences and events are a great way to meet people and hand out business cards. Talk about your business to people and ask them to spread the word. Often word of mouth for local businesses is their biggest asset. You need to be passionate about your business and help people see the benefits of your business.