Some basic specs of the Lynx:
- Weight: 130 lb.
- Carrying capacity: 130 lb.
- Battery life: 13 hours run time (3.5 hours recharge)
- Zero degree turning radius.
- Maximum speed of about 4 mph.
- Programmable voice commands.
TFOT has covered several advanced robots including iRobot’s Negotiator, a slimmed down and affordable robot capable of climbing stairs and evaluating potential dangers, and VIPeR, a portable, lightweight robot designed to operate in an urban environment, introduced by the Israeli company Elbit. Other related TFOT stories include Yamaha’s Terrascout Autonomous Vehicle, a project that has set itself the goal of creating a high-speed autonomous vehicle capable of patrolling large areas, and the development of an algorithm that could be employed in the practice of utilizing robots in a variety of military missions.