- Display: 15.4-inch IPS panel with wide viewing angles (178 degrees) and 2,880×1,800 resolution (5.18 Megapixels) and 220 pixels per inch.
- Processor: Quad-core Core i7 Ivy Bridge (either 2.3GHz or 2.6GHz/2.7GHz).
- Memory (RAM): 8GB or 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L memory.
- Graphics (GPU): Intel HD Graphics 4000 + the new NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M (Kepler graphics architecture) with 1GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching.
- Storage: 256GB / 512GB / 756GB of SSD.
- Connections: HDMI, SDXC card reader, 2 USB3, 2 Thunderbolt (an option to use an Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet or Thunderbolt to FireWire 800 Adapter exists; the adapter is sold separately).
- Battery: Lithium ion good for up to 7 hours according to apple (with a new MagSafe 2 power adapter – not compatible with previous units without an adapter).
- Camera: 720p FaceTime HD front facing camera.
- Wireless: 802.11n (backwards compatible with IEEE 802.11a/b/g but not compatible with the new 802.11ac standard). Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology compatibility (like the new iPad).
- Audio: Built in stereo speakers, and more interestingly, dual microphones (for reducing background noise from behind the notebook). Only one headphone jack and no external microphone input.
- Size and weight: Height: 0.71 inch, width: 14.13 inches, depth: 9.73 inches, weight: 4.46 pounds.
- Pricing: 2200 – 2800 USD (depending on the configuration).