- Incredibly wide field of view – about 110 degrees horizontal and 90 degrees vertical (compared to about 40 degrees horizontal for many existing headsets).
- High resolution displays – the unit comes with two 640 over 800 dot displays (one for each eye) generating 1280 over 800 display (720p(
- Ultra-low latency – According to Oculus this is going to be one of the biggest selling points of the Rift.
- Low weight – the unit will weigh less than 0.5 pounds.
- Low price – the development kit started at Kickstarter at around $275 (sold out and currently selling at $300).
The Kickstarter video for the project