TFOT recently had a chance to interview Sharon Tzvielli, Marcom manager for Mantis Vision, and ask her a few questions about the company and its technology.
Headquartered in Israel, Mantis Vision is active throughout the globe, serving a diverse clientele worldwide, in markets such as defense, law enforcement, Oil & gas, manufacturing, engineering and construction, cultural heritage and more.
Our F5 3D Imaging solution comprises of two system components: the 3D acquisition unit (Imager) and our MVP software application that processes the data and creates the final 3D point cloud model.
- High accuracy levels of depth measurements.
- Ability to capture images in free motion – the camera, the object and the captured environment can be in motion.
- Dense sampling at high resolutions of hundreds of thousands of points per single frame.
- No dependency on color or texture and the ability to project at invisible wavelengths such as infrared.
- Operation under challenging lighting conditions.
- Ability to acquire challenging targets, such as shiny and largely contrasted surfaces.
- Law Enforcement – crime scene analysis and car accident documentation.
- Military – Explosive Ordinary Disposable and battle damage assessment.
- Maritime – piping areas, engine rooms, for planning and parts replacement.
- Automotive – Crash test analysis, manufacturing.
- Orthopedics – scanning human body parts, prosthetics.
- Oil & Gas – Offshore rigs, planning, repair and documentation of ship parts, engine rooms. etc.
- Industrial plants – machine documentation.
- Reverse Engineering – complex mechanical parts.
- Aviation – cockpit scanning, fuselage parts. etc.
- Archeology & Cultural heritage – collection documentation and interactive online galleries.
A video showing F5 scanner used for 3D modeling of car accident in near real-time
A video demonstrating the F5 scanner used for forensic work